Padlet-‘Sharing, Collaborating, Learning’

Hello Fellow Bloggers,

This week I thought I would share a great online resource I have found through reading an article on Diigo. This resource being ‘Padlet‘, which I learnt about through reading the article called How to use Padlet (and why)

I have created a ‘Wall’ on Padlet that is displayed below that explains:

-What the online resource ‘Padlet’ is

-How Teachers and Students could use Padlet in the Classroom

-What are the implications that using Padlet has on the Curriculum and Pedagogy

-The positives and negatives associated with using Padlet in the Classroom

I have also embedded the link to the article on the wall and a link to a page that suggests 32 Interesting Ways to Use Padlet in your Classroom. Below is a youtube video that explains the simple process of how to use Padlet.

fefe

I personally believe that Padlet is an sensational resource to use in so many different ways in the Classroom. Have you heard of Padlet before or have you used Padlet before? If so what sorts of things have you created on Padlet? 

Until Next Time,

Emma 

11 thoughts on “Padlet-‘Sharing, Collaborating, Learning’

1. Hi Emma

Thanks for including my post and for putting all of these great links all in to one place. Padlet surely is a great tool. One of my favourite things to do is to save the whole wall as a PDF for ease of sharing with a group after an activity has been completed.

Thanks again!

Best wishes,

Mark @ICTEvangelist

• Hi mark,

Thanks for checking out my blog post in regards to your article. I am studying a subject at University on educational software tools to use in the classroom. Your article was highly beneficial hence why I posted a blog on it.
      Thanks again for your lovely comment,

Emma

• Hi again Emma

My pleasure. What a quite excellent sounding course! I’d love to do that! 🙂 Are you on Twitter?

If I can be of any further help or assistance in any way, just let me know!

I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Best wishes,

Mark @ICTEvangelist

• Hi Mark,

Yes it is a great unit to learn about all these different great educational online tools there are.

I am unfortunately not on twitter-have never seemed to get my head around using Twitter.

That is lovely of you, I will let you know if I am.

Take Care,

Emma

2. Hi Emma,
    What a great post. I think saving the wall as a PDF for future reference or to share is a good idea. I’ll have to check it out.
    Alexandra

• Thanks for your feedback. Yes that is true, the Teacher could print the ‘wall’s created for whatever purpose and hang them around the room or give to Students to keep. Could be for example of classroom behavior expectations.

Just some thoughts 🙂

3. This was a great post! I have heard about this Padlet and saw on YouTube how one teacher used it with the flipped classroom. But besides that I do not know much about it! So thanks for sharing. This is something I will definitely explore (and most likely use!)

Out of curiosity – can you link the notes or connect them with lines/arrows?

• Thanks for your feedback Andrea. Glad my blog post could be of use to you and inform you of some of the great things you can do on Padlet.
      I’m not 100% sure about if you can link or connect the notes with lines. I did not see this tool when creating my Padlet ‘wall’. I have just done a quick bit of research and it doesn’t seem there is a tool to do this either. Let me know if you discover otherwise 🙂

4. I have also seen Padlet utilised in the classroom and thought it was very effective. Students were fully engaged in adding to a brainstorming session as the teacher introduced a new topic. It was a great visual tool for recording students ideas and to revisit continually throughout the lesson. Great idea in regard to saving as a pdf too. I can’t wait to use it myself!

• Thanks for your personal feedback, I have not yet seen Padlet used in a classroom but from what I have learnt through experimenting it is such a great visual tool like you have stated to use 🙂

5. Hi Emma, this is my first time to know ‘PADLET’ . Thanks for sharing to let me get to know this new tool ! I like how it can personalised the background/icons . I have to check this out and play with it someday 🙂